Hi Bruno,

-----Original Message----- From: Bruno Marchal
Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2011 3:48 AM
To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Multisolipsism

On 13 Feb 2011, at 09:23, Stephen Paul King wrote:

I am very interested in this question as it directly relates to my questions about how interactions between multiple and separable 1- p. I continue to be confused by this term "body problem in computer science". Could you discuss it in some greater detail?

The body problem and the white rabbit problem are variant of the
general problem of explaining the belief in a physical universe from
numbers and computer science, without the assumption that there is a
primary physical reality (or that there is no primary physical
reality). The UD Argument is supposed to justify this in detail. (And
AUDA justifies the non boolean and quantum nature of the logic of what
is observable by asking a 'Löbian number' her opinion on the matter
(no pun intended).

OK, sure, but that about considerations of one 'Löbian number' communicating with another? That is what my questions are about.

DM + ~solipsism can be shown to entail the coherent multiplication of
shared computations, that is first person plural shared dreams. To
show that DM entails ~solipsism by itself, you have to solve the body
problem first. The other minds problem should be easily soluble from
the solution to the body problem, and the key notion is interaction.
But interaction is still problematical even in quantum logic, and a
fortiori in the arithmetical logic. I think you need the "degenerate"
material hypostases: the 'B^n p & D^m p' nuances. With m > n, you get
arithmetical quantum logics, and you almost get the tensor needed for
the interactions. Unfortunately those tensors don't behave so well.
Those tensors arise from a Temperley-Lieb like structure related to
the arithmetical modal projection operators (B^n p & D^m p). This, if
it works, could explain how space arise from numbers, and why the
dynamic is governed by a unitary transformation. Space seems to be
defined only by the conditions of making multi-observers interaction
Just remember that we have to extract this from arithmetical self-
reference only, in a very special particular way, so that we don't
loose the qualia in the process. Indeed the qualia, including the
quanta, are provided by the intensional variant of the Solovay G/G*

Ok, but cannot you see that "fist person plural shared dreams" is exactly (or close enough!) to what we see in the Many world interpretation for each and every notion of an observer but does not solve the question of "how is it that I experience this particular reality and not some other"? Yes, there is a correlation between the observer as a memory within all of the related parallel worlds such that we do not have empty memories/ Zombie observers, but this does not get us far enough toward answering the question. ~Solipsism alone is necessary but not sufficient. DM + ~solipsism works but only because the definiteness of properties (that is the key feature of physicality) is hidden in the Yes Doctor! DM assumes all of features of Physicalism and but throws again the word physical. One needs to stop looking at the words and consider the properties and features that the word refers to! What does it mean to be physical as opposed, for example, to mental or ideal? To bet on the Yes Doctor is to bet that there is something definite in the sense that the outcome either is or is not a continuance of consciousness upon digital substitution. It is the feature of persistence of properties over time. Physicality refers to a set of invariances under transformations such that those transformations or dynamics exist separate and independent of any 1-p cogitation. be it via Bp & D or whatever modality. It is the root of the idea of Machine and is implicit in the Turing Theorem and its variants. There must be something that is like a tape and something that is like a read/write device for the Turing Machine to exist as a model and the properties of being a tape and being a read/write device must be such that they persist under the continuation from one operation to the next. One cannot extract change from changelessness unless one extends Existence into a continuum of possibility and allows the further existence of methods that can contrast one subset of that continuum with some other, but this can only happen within finite and improper subsets of the continuum and this the ideals that we propose to be the case at the continuum level do not faithfully translate into the finite filters. It is in the finite filter levels that we obtain the persistence of properties under time translations and thus time - the ordering of succession - emerges at that level. Time does not and cannot exist at the level of the Continuum of Existence itself. It is, as Russell Standish pointed out, a zero-information set. The duality that I propose for finite filters vanishes and we obtain a neutral monism that is neither mind (ideal) nor matter (material). Quantum Mechanics has this definiteness only with the inclusion of the vehicle of the Born Rule and is the source of the measurement problem: How do we cross the chasm between linear superpositions of possible properties to the definiteness of properties such that we can have a definite set of alternative to bet upon. We cannot bet upon superposed properties because there is no "or" between them, the properties form a continuum that can only be cut from the outside. The answer is interaction via Pratt's proposed state transition of Chu spaces and it is what I am investigating. My proposal is that we drop the insistence on tensor products since they require the equivalent of a global synchronization and consider alternatives. The alternative that I propose is the way that time is treated as a local variable in Hitoshi Kitada's Interpretation of QM. This makes the variable of time in QM consistent with Relativity, but this idea requires that we treat quantum mechanical systems as asynchronous and non-pre-harmonized Leibnizian monads and thus require an alternative definition of interaction which I have developed as bisimulation via quantum pseudo-telepathy. BTW, the empty spots between objects in a space could be defined as "the places an event could occur but does not" such that the entire space is an undivided whole. So on one hand a space can be seen as a distribution of dust as the dual of a Boolean algebra, and a complete whole object that is a single speck of dust within a larger space, this is a non-Archimedean extension. This is just a matter of figuring out the mereology that we are using in our ontology. I am proposing that we use non-well founded sets and ultrametrics as a basis for ontology and thus have self-reference build into our logics and their duals, but we could instead take your modal extensions and dualize them via the proper extension of the Stone Representation Theorem. The hard part is to not impose global flatness on our structures, we should never treat our hypostases as all existing on the same ontological level!