Hi Bruno and Brent,

-----Original Message----- From: Bruno Marchal
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2011 9:35 AM
To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Multisolipsism

On 09 Feb 2011, at 20:51, Brent Meeker wrote:

On 2/9/2011 8:51 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
snip>
How is my first person mental state instantiated in the computations made by the UD? It can't be a single step of one or more computations. It must be some kind of equivalence class.

That is a very difficult and tremendously interesting question. The
arithmetical notion of knowledge and observation can only scratch the
surface here. But an answer to that question is not needed to
understand that we have to derive physics from comp, if comp is true.
It is needed to extract the physics, and to solve the mind-body
problem, that's for sure. But let me insist: you don't need to solve
this to understand the comp *necessity* of reducing the mind body
problem to to the body problem in computer science.

Bruno

***

I am very interested in this question as it directly relates to my questions about how interactions between multiple and separable 1-p. I continue to be confused by this term "body problem in computer science". Could you discuss it in some greater detail?

Onward!

Stephen