Here is a different take on free will vs. determinism.

They are the same thing. We only perceive them to be different because
our subjectivity warps our perspective for us. Free will is ultimately
a feeling that it is us who is making the decision, while determinism
is ultimately a thought that free agency must be defined in terms of
objective facts. Whether or not that feeling or thought corresponds to
a universal reality is not falsifiable or relevant once we re-frame
the phenomenon as a single relation which has objective and subjective

What I'm saying is that the existence of the feeling of free will,
illusion or not, is sufficient to negate the argument of pure
determinism. A mechanistic universe would have no conceivable method
of, or benefit by conjuring such an illusion. There is no function
that would serve an evolutionary machine to develop a fictional sense
of teleology were there not such a possibility already inherent in the
mechanics themselves. Not only would it be superfluous and
counterproductive from an efficiency standpoint, but there really is
no aspect of physics or biochemistry which could serve as a toolbox
for creating some kind of simulation of participation and agency. You
can make a machine seem like it has free will, but unless the machine
feels like it has free will - feels the risks of consequences of it's
words and actions to it's own survival - feels it's own survival with
visceral, overwhelming significance, then there is only the reflection
of our own free will.

When I look at another human being who is similar to myself, I
subconsciously qualify their agency with a shared sense of volition.
Someone much older or younger, from a radically different culture,
even someone with different physical characteristics are presented
with a narrower bandwidth of free will to me. I have to consciously
fight the default prejudice that steers me into stereotypical
associations, otherwise I tend to think that what I see of a person
and what I assume about them based on their appearance is what is
influencing their behavior. I think "This is how children behave.",
but I can still realize that any individual child has some capacity to
deviate from my generic expectations. The closer I get to a person,
the more that I know them, the deeper the subjective connection and
the higher quality of individuality I can resolve in my perception of
them, their life, etc.

Take that interpersonal phenomenon of prejudice and magnify it
exponentially to other species of animal, biology, and finally
physical phenomena of a vastly different scale such as planet or
molecule. I'm not suggesting that we should consider atoms to be
'people just like us' or something, I'm trying to explain how self-
similarity functions as an elemental principle which unites Perception
with General Relativity. Free will is a feature of subjective
perception, while determinism is how free will appears when it is
reflected through existential aperture as relativity.

Probability is the external view of Feeling or Mood. It's the same
thing, only probability is distanced as an a-signifying, generic,
automatic, unconscious phenomenon while mood is a sensorimotive
experience of the same thing. It is reflected through the essential
aperture as signifying, proprietary, volitional, sentient phenomenon.

As for trying to conceive of Many Worlds or a grand consciousness, I
prefer to think of the singularity as what you get when you suck out
all of the space and time from the cosmos. Once you realize that size
and distance have no meaning outside of their perceptual-relativism of
one phenomena to another, then the idea of a singularity from which
the big bang 'emerges' as an event in time becomes a phenomena outside
of timespace and embracing all matter-energy changes. It is a
phenomenon which is, therefore, always occurring and never occurring.
It is absolutely unconscious-deterministic and sentient-volitional at
the same time - but probably much more and much less than that. We can
only describe it as an ant might describe the workings of a microwave
oven... and yet we can understand fully it by not describing it at
all. Being. Doing. Feeling. Experiencing.

On May 16, 10:49 am, selva <> wrote:
> Considering only our world in the many world interpretation,it is a
> separate causal domain..
> there is no domain shear between the different domains(different
> parallel worlds)..i.e.there is decoherence..
> It is known that in our causal domain,there is cause and effect
> relationships..
> everything is happening because of a cause..everything is as it is
> because it ought to be such.
> There is a grand flow in the varying positions of atoms constituting
> the universe..
> If this is right,then how can we say ,we have free will ?
> why is there binary state at all ?
> if there is free will,how can we say everything affects everything ?
> why is the 50-50 probability arises ?
> why is there probability functions at all ?
> If the positions of the atoms in my mind(my thoughts) now affect the
> positions of the atoms in your brain(your thoughts) ,then does it mean
> you don't have a free will ?
> Is our consciousness part of the grand consciousness (the universe).
> Are we like the white cells(individually conscious) in our body,to the
> universe..?
> Then above all,the real question is why is there parallel worlds at
> all ?
> everything affects everything or not ?
> P.S : i am just a student and i don't have real technical knowledge in
> all these fields..i am just curious..what is these universe and why
> does it exists at all..
> so please bear with my ignorance.

To post to this group, send email to