On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 11:01 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

> On 7/8/2011 7:35 PM, Constantine Pseudonymous wrote:
>
>> it makes so much sense.....
>>
>> the doctrine of physicalism is in the least on the same plane as any
>> idealistic metaphysics, especially some form of objective idealism.
>> But in my eye… the fairer judgment is that some form of idealistic
>> metaphysics is in fact situated a step above physicalism in
>> probability and satisfactory of coherence.
>>

> And has idealistic metaphysics ever made a successful prediction or
> informed a useful product?

Metaphysics has nothing to do with prediction.  Metaphysics is about
interpretation and meaning.

In other words:  What do we make of the fact that these predictions were
successful (or not)?  What does this mean with respect to our beliefs about
what kinds of things exist?

PHYSICS is about prediction.

Rex