On Aug 6, 11:26 am, Stathis Papaioannou <stath...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why do you assume that people you interact with online, such as me,
> aren't just random glitches in the Internet?

Because I have no reason to suspect that they aren't people. On my
blog I get spammed with fake users several times a week and I do have
to take a deeper look at the content of their blog and make a judgment
call as to whether they are bot-generated. Sometimes it takes a while
to tell the difference between a real user and a spam user made from
an unfamiliar template. Some users are rather mechanical, only posting
reblogs of common images and never commenting personally, so they
could very well be clever bot templates.

I don't understand what all of this debate over how intelligence seems
from the outside has to do with how it is experienced from the inside.
Here's a thought experiment for the anti-zombie. If I study randomness
and learn to impersonate machine randomness perfectly, have I become a
machine? Have I lost sentience? Why not?

Craig