On Aug 6, 2:23 pm, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
> On 8/6/2011 6:30 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
>
> > Exactly! It's up to us whether we determine behaviors to be isomorphic
> > enough to our own intelligence to infer that it too experiences
> > similar intelligence. That determination doesn't create intelligence
> > in the object nor remove it. That's why the whole question of whether
> > simulating a brain that seems intelligent to us really is intelligent
> > is a red herring.
>
> > I have considered that our particular human intelligence may actually
> > be an elaboration-evolution of the intelligence of our immune system,
> > extended to extra-somatic threats.
>
> And pigs may fly because "fly" may mean to run along the ground.

Why wouldn't the nervous system make sense as an elaboration of the
immune system? Neurons and T-Cells both come from stem cells, directly
or indirectly, right? I don't know enough about it to commit to the
idea, but I don't think that it's at all out of the question as the
basis for hypothesis. It doesn't require that the definition of
intelligence is reinvented.

Craig