> At what point does mathematical truth stop?  It seems to be the
existence of
> some would imply the existence of all.

Like I said, I need to let this marinate in my consciousness a while.
I agree that all mathematical constructs must have the same kind of
existence, the same ontological status. But I see a distinction
between the type of existence pi has, and the type of existence that
time, space and matter have. Well, obviously. The question is, are
they prior to such instantiated entities, or emergent from them?
Similar to the question, are physical laws objectively extant, or mere
descriptions of 'habits'?

> Do you agree that at least something has to be primitively real?

Well I can't really escape that, can I? :) I favour consciousness as a
prior reality, a spiritual position I suppose, though I also believe
these categories may well just be prejudices in our mental make-up.
For physicists, it's the quantum field, for mathematicians it's
number, for saints it is love. All perhaps faces of an unnameable
prior something. I've read Bruno arguing for number's capacity to
explain qualia, and I find it unconvincing. Mathematics is pure
structure and qualia are non structural, non quantifiable, not that
they are 'uncomputable', but just don't fall into the computable/
uncomputable opposition at all. If a person had no right brain at all,
he might argue the way Bruno does on this point. (I'm worried about
insulting him again now. I don't mean it's half brained. I mean it is
blind to all but the quantifiable, and therefore will never satisfy an
artist, for instance). So qualia make me prefer to seek my ontological
roots in the notion of consciousness rather than number.

> We also are aware of every possible goodness or blessing.  At a minimum,
> this realization should compel us to treat each other better.  In the end,
> the conclusion is little different from the golden rule or the concept of
> karma.  All the good things we do are experienced by others (ourselves),
> same with all the bad things.

Yes, yes and double yes. I made the exact same point in that blog post
I mentioned on the subject. If we knew this, truly believed in this
unity of the observer, we would move quick smart to a society
optimized for the benefit of all. We can never gain at another's
expense. Not "There but for the grace of God go I" but simply "There
go I."