On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 8:55 AM, Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If it takes the brain 100 ms to compute a moment of awareness, then you can
> know you were not created 1 microsecond ago.

Suppose your brain paused for 1 us every 99 ms. To an external
observer you would be functioning normally; do you think you would be
a philosophical zombie? We can change the thought experiment to make
the pauses and the duration of consciousness between the pauses
arbitrarily long, effectively cutting up consciousness however we
want, even if a conscious moment is smeared out over time.

--
Stathis Papaioannou