My point is not that a snapshot brain (or computer) state lacks content, but that if it is an emulation of a brain (or a real brain) the snapshot cannot be an observer moment or a thought. The latter must have much longer duration and overlap one another in time. I think there has been a casual, but wrong, implicit identification of the discrete states of a Turing machine emulating a brain with some rather loosely defined "observer moments". That's why I thought Eagleman's talk was interesting.

Brent