On Oct 16, 10:59 pm, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

> >> No.  Forming images is an emergent property of electromagnetic waves which
> >> in turn are an
> >> emergent phenomena of Maxwell's electromagnetism.
> > Electromagnetic waves do not form images. Images are perceptual
> > interpretations.
>
> No there are planar representations of information.  EM waves can form an
> image on a
> photographic plate whether anyone looks at it or not.

Without someone looking at the photographic plate, there is no
difference between information and noise. If there existed nothing in
the universe who could see, there would be no information there.
Information is just a way of saying 'experiences that make sense to
us'. Some experiences make sense on a lower, more universal level -
that is electromagnetism. A photographic plate doesn't know or care
what an image is though.

> > Heat is an electromagnetic wave the same as visible
> > light, but it forms no images. Your view takes pattern in general for
> > granted, mine does not.

> >> Unsupported assertion.
> > Doesn't mean it's wrong. If it's true, what would support it?
>
> More to the point what test could possibly falsify it?

Falsifying it would be easy. If we had no experience of intention, or
our experiences of exerting intent did not map to electromagnetic
resonance in the brain, then it would be false.

Craig