> Black hole evaporation. I am thinking about some work by Hawking.

Could you point me towards it? I know Hawking conceded a bet on this
recently but I'm not sure why.

> But $any* true erasing of information is forbid in any theory where QM
> applies universally. Unitary evolution cannot erase information,
> although it can hide it and makes it very hard to recompose.

True....but I don't suppose anyone is sure that QM necessarily applies
universally (altho I would bet that it did if I had to!)

> I think some cosmological observations confirm this. It makes QM
> necessary to justify the existence and stability of Black Hole.

More information, please!!! :-)

> Happy new year Charles,

Thank you, and happy new year to you, too!

Best wishes,
Charles