On Sun, Jan 1, 2012  Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The effect isn't limited to human beings or facial cues though. Taxidermy
> and wax museums elicit the same response."

The creepy thing about wax museums is that the lifelike 3D depictions of
apparently healthy people don't move.

> > It's a second level of deception which perceives a hint of an unholy
> motive that defiles the sanctity of living flesh.

It's a curious fact that never in my life have I seen the word "sanctity"
used in defense of anything I agreed with, perhaps there is a way it could
be but I just haven't seen it; "unholy" isn't one of my favorite words
either, I don't think I've ever used it.

> The creepiness of HAL arises not from carnal blasphemy, but

And I could say the same thing about the word "blasphemy", I have used it
but only as a joke.

> > This is invariably interpreted to mean the loss of soul, damnation,
> black magic, Satan, Frankenstein etc.

In other words this interpretation is pure superstitious baloney.

> Remember the imposter android crew member in the movie Alien?

Hey I liked that movie a lot too, I even bought the DVD; but do you
"really" expect to gain deep philosophical insights from Hollywood?

  John K Clark