On 22.01.2012 18:39 John Clark said the following:
On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Evgenii Rudnyi<use...@rudnyi.ru>
wrote

"  Yes, but there is nothing illogical about infinite progressions;
or
maybe the Big Bang happened for no reason, nothing illogical
about that either."

" This would contradict with your previous statement: "but we also
know that everything, absolutely positively everything, happens for
a reason OR it does not happen for a reason."

What the hell are you talking about? The Big Bang happened for a
reason OR the Big Bang happened for no reason.

I would say though that "something does not happen for a reason" and "something happens for no reason" are two completely different statements. Don't you agree?

If however you accept that "something happens for no reason", then I do not understand your problems with free will. In the latter case, I freely for no reason just do something, what is the problem then?

Evgenii

" A chain of "why" or "how" questions eventually comes to a end or
they do
not, and there is nothing illogical about either possibility."

" Well, it would be good if you explain how such a statement agrees
with
your previous statement, quoted above. In my view, they contradict
with each other.

What the hell are you talking about? Only 2 things can happen to a
chain of "what is the reason for this?" questions, the chain comes to
a end OR the chain does not come to a end. If it doesn't come to a
end then everything in the chain happened for a reason, if it does
come to a end then something happened for no reason. Come on now this
isn't rocket science.

" I thought that the Big Bang theory implies that the Universe is
not
eternal, that is, there was the time zero when everything has
started."

Maybe, maybe not. Most think the Big Bang existed but there is debate
if there was anything before that; that controversy is at the very
frontiers of science thus although many may be certain about the
answer nobody knows; at least not yet.

John K Clark