On 21.01.2012 20:54 John Clark said the following:
On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Evgenii Rudnyi<use...@rudnyi.ru>
wrote:

" It [the Big Bang] has also happened for a reason?"

" I have no idea, but I do know it happened for a reason or it
did not
happen for a reason."

"Well, then you have an infinite progression"

Yes, but there is nothing illogical about infinite progressions; or
maybe the Big Bang happened for no reason, nothing illogical about
that either.

This would contradict with your previous statement:

"but we also know that everything, absolutely positively everything,
happens for a reason OR it does not happen for a reason."

A chain of "why" or "how" questions eventually comes to a end or they
do not, and there is nothing illogical about either possibility.

Well, it would be good if you explain how such a statement agrees with your previous statement, quoted above. In my view, they contradict with each other.

"I guess that this contradicts with the whole idea of the Big
Bang."

How do you figure that?

I thought that the Big Bang theory implies that the Universe is not eternal, that is, there was the time zero when everything has started.

Evgenii

"Or you do not believe in the Big Bang?"

I will passionately believe in the Big Bang with all my heart until
the instant somebody comes up with a better theory.

John K Clark