Hi John,

What is "dark energy" other than a postulated or conjecture entity that is part of an attempted explanation of observations of how light from supernovae appeared to be streached as if the supernovae are accelerating away from us.... Do we give such "entities" the status of existing on so frail a foundation? The same critisism applies to scalar fields and dark matter. Until we actually find them experimentally, then it is helpful to keep them firmly in the "conjectured but not proven to exist category". :-) My attitude is that we need to be sure that our beliefs are backed up by empirical evidence before we declare them justified. This is not an easy task as many entities, such as numbers, are forever beyond the realm of experience but we can still reason consistently about them...

Onward!

Stephen

Onward!

Stephen