On Jan 29, 2:20 am, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:> On
1/28/2012 11:11 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
> > Biological organisms are alive. They eat other living organisms to
> > survive. Most matter is not alive and we cannot eat it. This isn't
> > some flaky theory, it's just pointing out the obvious.
> I guess plants and photosynthesis are obscure to you.

Good point. Didn't mean to exclude plants. Still, our flavor of
consciousness is not a product of plant experience. Of course eating
other animals is considered pivotal in the development of hominid
intelligence. That may not be the case, but we certainly eat a lot of
animals now. Plants don't seem to have developed much of a
consciousness that we can relate to.