A bit from 'outside the box':
the 'religious' ideas emerged from the 'awe' how very ancient apes looked
at the world. It went through innumerable changes to reach a tribe with
writing skills and the Bible was established saving positive attitudes of
the Super Naturals (whatever THEY were) as 'Good Lord' FOR ME. (Some
polytheistics also included vile characteristics, but never mind that). In
Mono (or almost mono) it is MY GOD who I ask to destroy MY enemies - and
HeSheIt does it.
My enemy, however asks (the same?) God to destroy ME and HIS GOOD LORD does
just that.
Over the past 5000+ years the 5000+th version of such Scriptures still
attracts faithful.
Surprisingly well educated and reasonably smart people still take such
hearsay for basic knowledge.

As we got smarter, the main questions concentrated on Creation and
Teleology. With all the mental training we underwent  we still have no
better image than the bearded old man in a white nightgown?
I propose a different image:
The World (Everything) is an Infinite Complexity.
Never mind how it occurred, it is WAY beyond our mental capabilities even
to imagine it. Some features transpired into human minds (=mental functions
we apply by our tool - the brain) and Homo rounded it up continually into a
MODEL of the TOTAL, explaining ALL questionable features from WITHIN it.
The 'Infinite Complexity' includes more and we have no access to the
'beyond our model' features, nor how they (their relations?) may be
'organized', - BUT there is an easy way: we imagine it in OUR ways, i.e.
anthropocentrically as 'processing topics'. (They may be completely
different, relations of aspects, or even descriptions beyond our present
vocabulary.)

Such 'imaging' (?) makes the debate about 'name' or 'idea' of 'G-O-D'
baseless and superfluous.

There are some idioms in the discussion I don't care about:
'Random' - if such exists, we have no physical (or other observed) order to
establish.
'Evolution': every change occurs within the feasibility of the 'givens' -
some survive, some don't. Occasional snapshots of our science don't even
detect the completely unsuccessful.
'Free Will': cousin of 'random', we, as products of the Infinite Complexity
have circumstances to live within and cannot even 'decide' outside the
givens. Some such decisions are conscious, some are not.
Etc.
I really enjoyed the dicussion

John Mikes