On Feb 19, 2:19 pm, 1Z <peterdjo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Feb 19, 4:52 pm, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 18, 5:36 pm, Richard Ruquist <yann...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > It is with some trepidation that I enter into this discussion, but I would
> > > like to suggest that if MWI is true, where MWI is the Many Worlds
> > > Interpretation of quantum mechanics, which is where every quantum state in
> > > every particle interaction is realized in one parallel world/universe or
> > > another, then there is no need for a god.
>
> > Why not? There could an infinite number of the Many Worlds with all
> > kinds of Gods.
>
> > Craig
>
> QM based MWI woildn't suggest that the supernatural occurs in any
> universe. Are you
>
> familiar with Tegmark's classification?

Why would Gods be supernatural? If comp is true, then when we create
AI beings which we have power over to stop, start, and reprogram them
as well as their perceived universes, who will we be to them other
than Gods? Comp says that we have no way of knowing that has not
happened yet and MWI (and Tegmark's Level 3 classification) demands
that this is inevitable.

In a scenario of infinite universes, how can any possibility be said
to be supernatural. Our idea of quantum could simply be the virtual
quantum of the simulation furnished to us by our programmers...who
appear to us as arithmetic Gods because they wish to.

Craig