On 4/25/2012 7:36 AM, David Nyman wrote:
On 25 April 2012 08:24, Bruno Marchal<marc...@ulb.ac.be>  wrote:

>  To say that consciousness is an illusion does not make any sense. Everything
>  else can be an illusion, but not consciousness. I think we agree on that.
We do indeed agree on this. The word illusion has become so imprecise
in this context that it would be better to avoid it.  However, to be
fair, in this particular case Susan Blackmore seemed not to intend it
in any clearly eliminative way, but rather in the sense of a mirage -
i.e. a real something, but a something about whose precise nature and
cause we may be misled.  Of course, she assumes materialism, and this
makes it difficult to tie up a number of metaphysical and logical
loose ends (i.e. the "hard" ones).  But Brent is probably right that
most people will in the end be more impressed by technical wizardry
than ultimate philosophical illumination.

The technical wizardy, if we can achieve it, will have philosophical implications - unless like Craig you believe in philosophical zombies.