On Apr 25, 11:44 am, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> This means only that you have a reductionist conception of machine.

I think that reductionism is mechanistic by definition.

What does it mean to behave like a machine or to be robotic? Why
should it mean that? This doesn't prove that all machines must all
behave like early machines that we have manufactured thus far, but I
think that taken with the other clues that we have about
inauthenticity in digital simulation, trouble with speech synthesis
and emotion with AI, symbol grounding problem, etc.. I think there is
a clear basis to presume that in fact there is something fundamentally
different about assembled machines and autopoietic living organisms
which may in fact limit their potential.