On 6/6/2012 9:30 AM, R AM wrote:
On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 6:18 PM, Brian Tenneson <tenn...@gmail.com <mailto:tenn...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    I think people make choices from among available options many times every
day and
    that is why the concept in question exists.

I agree that people make choices. I dont't think it is free will.

You said that people would believe that it would unfair to punish anyone if there were no "free will". I agree that people believe that

If there were no "free will" of what kind? contra-causal? compatibilist?
social/legal?

And even if it's not fair (another social term) it may be a useful thing for
society to do.