On 02 Jul 2012, at 03:36, meekerdb wrote:

I don't discount the possibility that Bruno's 'everything is arithmetic' might be a good model, I just haven't seen any predictive power yet.

1) A refutation of a theory "metaphysical physicalism in the cognitive science" does not need any predictive power. Comp refute physicalism. Comp explains why physicalist have to eliminate the first person points of view, or to add magical non Turing emulable property to matter.

2) comp predicts retrospectively most quantum weirdness, and ... consciousness including the non communicable features (qualia), where actual (physical) theories fails to do so.