On 02 Jul 2012, at 11:54, Bruno Marchal wrote (to Stephen):

It is the believe that the principle of excluded middle can be apply on the arithmetical sentence. In particular the proof needs ony the belief that phi_i(j) converge or diverge, or that the machine i applied on j stops or does not stop, and this for any i and j.

Of course I meant: it is the BELIEF .... can be APPLIED ... on the arithmetic sentenceS. In particular ... phi_i(j) convergeS or divergeS ...

I feel very sorry for my too quick spelling. Please ask me to rewrite any paragraph in case too much spelling mistakes make the statement ambiguous. Thanks for your patience.