Brent,

By 'ideal scientific standards' I have meant for example this statement from Wikipedia

'The Oxford English Dictionary says that scientific method is: "a method or procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses."'

Yet, if we consider how science has been done according to historical facts (not how it could have been done), then there are discrepancies. After all Newton has called in God who from time to time corrects the planets to preserve stability of the Solar system. It is written in his book and this is a historical fact. According to statement above one can even say that this was a result of systematic observation, measurement and experiment.

As for entropy and information, I may missed some your arguments. Yet, in all papers you gave me there was written that the equivalence of the thermodynamic entropy and information follows from similarity of the two equations. There were no experiments, observations and measurement to this end. Even more, people who have made this statement have not applied it to typical thermodynamics problems and have not shown how conventional thermodynamic problems (heat engines and computing phase equilibria) benefit from such a statement. My examples to this end are here

http://blog.rudnyi.ru/2012/02/entropy-and-information.html

Finally, you are right that when living brains still exist, one have right to say that a mathematical model survives a death of a couple of mathematicians. The question is how the inexorable laws have functioned when there were no human beings. How the Universe computed itself when the mathematics has not been yet developed?

Evgenii