2012/7/10 meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net <mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>>

    Why would you not expect a theory-of-everything to include the
    behavior of people?  Note that 'govern' does not imply 'predictable'.

A phisicinst theory of everithing , despite the popular belief, does not "govern" the behaviour of the people. No longer than the binary logic govern the behaviour of computer programs. I can program in binary logic whatever I want without limitations. the wetware whose activity produces the human mind could execute potentially any kind of behaviour. Our behaviour is not governed by anything related wth a phisical TOE, but by the laws of natural selection applied to social beings. I can observe the evolution of such behaviours (in a shchematic way) in a binary world within a computer program as well. Robert Axelrod <http://www.google.es/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CEoQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FEvolution_of_cooperation&ei=jTj9T77NB6iy0QXah8mmBw&usg=AFQjCNGua7j080q_oP5ft9ABtXu7bG99dg&sig2=KKUr0FxQezNKKU0MNCQ1vw>dit it for the first time.

On the contrary, the antrophic principle tell you that is the mind the determinant element for the existence of a TOE. A phisical TOE It is just the playing field and the stuff upon things are made.

Dear Albert,

Interesting that you bring up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_cooperation ! Could you elaborate a bit on your thoughts? Do you have any ideas how to model cooperation between computer programs? The main problem that I have found is in defining the interface between computations. How does one define "identity" for a given computation such that it is distinguished from all others?

--
Onward!

Stephen

~ Francis Bacon