On 7/13/2012 9:16 PM, Stephen P. King wrote:
On 7/13/2012 11:51 PM, meekerdb wrote:
On 7/13/2012 7:31 PM, Stephen P. King wrote:
Does unpredictability that you have mentioned in another message will help in this respect? If yes, how?

If you're asking whether unpredictability eliminates responsibility, the answer
is no.

Brent
Hi Brent,

OK, so does the converse hold? Predictability eliminates responsibility? That sentence looks very wrong....

Right. Predictability is irrelevant to the social concept of responsibility.

OK, so what is relevant? What action is the determinant of a given quantity of responsibility? Knowledge? No, that can't be because that involves predictability. So, I am at a loose. Please enlighten me.

Did you do it? Did anyone coerce you by threat of violence to your or your family? Were you mentally disabled by disease, injury, or drugs? ...you must know as many of the mitigating and exacerbating factors as I do.