On 7/31/2012 9:18 AM, John Clark wrote:
On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 4:44 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net <mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>> wrote:

    > So you understand 'will'.

Yes, I want to do some things and don't want to do other things.

    > Do you also understand 'coercion'?

Yes, sometimes things prevent me from doing what I want to do.

No, that's not the meaning of coercion. Gravity doesn't coerce you to not fly. Coercion is someone else imposing their will on you by threat, i.e. causing you to take some action you would not otherwise take by threatening you. Of course there are degrees of coercion from threatening never to invite you to a party again to threatening to kill you and your family.