On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:29 AM, rclough <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:

> As I see it, intelligence is the ability to make choices completely on one's
> own. Autonomously.

Intelligence involves solving problems and making good choices.
Autonomy might be good or bad, depending on the context.

> But a computer program can only make choices that the programmer previously
> allowed.
> So in effect the choices are made by the computer programmer,

The programmer only specifies the rules for making choices, but not
the actual choices.
furthermore, the program can change its own rules via machine learning
or artificial evolution.

 The programmer
> is
> the puppet master..