On Mon, Aug 06, 2012 at 01:29:50AM -0700, rclough wrote:
> Perhaps I am wrong, but I have a problem with the concept of artificial
> intelligence and hence artificial life-- at least according to my
> understanding of what intelligence is.

Artificial Life is an independent field to Artificial
Intelligence, so I don't see how you can say that. True there is some
cross-pollination, mostly ALife => AI, but sometimes AI philosophical
issues has some relevance to ALife.

An example of the difference: it is relatively easy to define and
measure intelligence. Its virtually impossible to do the same for life.