On 22.07.2012 17:52 Stephen P. King said the following:
This is great news for Bruno! ;-)

I was interested in the computational complexity factor involved.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/07/21/big-leap-in-bio-engineering-scientists-simulate-an-entire-organism-in-software-for-the-first-time-ever/

I have found the paper

http://covertlab.stanford.edu/publicationpdfs/mgenitalium_whole_cell_2012_07_20.pdf

It is just some data fitting model. I guess that physics as such is just not there. I am not impressed. You will find some better slides to this theme at

http://embryogenesisexplained.com/2012/01/modelling-active-cell-processes.html

See slide 8 for example. If one keeps the number of variables under 1 M then one can do it indeed. The main problem however is how to coarse the model starting from physics. It seems that there no way to do it.

Evgenii