From: John Clark
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-08-18, 11:01:39
Subject: Re: On calculating pi

On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Roger <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:

>how can they know if the calculation of pi is very precise if they
don't really know beforehand what its precise value should be ?

But we do know the precise value of pi, 250 years ago Euler proved that pi
squared divided by 6 is EXACTLY equal to ? the infinite series 1+ 1/2 + 1/4 +
1/9 + 1/16 + 1/25 + 1/36 +1/49 +.......? Tell me how close to pi you want to
get and a finite number of terms in this sequence can help you produce it.

? John K Clark