From: Stephen P. King
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-08-20, 11:51:24
Subject: Re: The modal logic needs to aim purposefully toward the"best
possible" solution.

On 8/20/2012 6:54 AM, Roger wrote:

Hi Stephen P. King

The modal logic needs to aim purposefully toward the "best possible" solution.

Hi Roger,

    But the "best possible" can only be defined infinitely (and thus impossible
to know) or finitely in a error-prone or approximate way.

And contain absolute as well as contingent truths.

    I agree.

Thus there must be some sort of mereology involved in the modalities.

    Yes. The actuals are mutually consistent aspects or modes of the
possibilities. The key is the frame of reference of the observer. There is no
finitely knowable 3p, there is is only finitely approximative 1p. Thus we
choose a point of view tat allows for measurement/observation that can be
converted into communicable representations. This is the canonical form!

Maybe a new type of copula insuring this situation to hold ?

    Copula? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copula ? Please elaborate...

Roger , rclo...@verizon.net
8/20/2012
could function."