What in the theory suggests that landscapes are a problem?  Is there any
evidence in any theory that only one possible set of physical laws has to
pervade all of existence, or is this just an unsupported preconception/hope
of physicists who've spent a big chunk of their lives looking for a unique
theory?

To me, the effort of finding some mathematical explanation for why only one
set of physical law can be is a lot like the Copenhagen theory's attempt to
rescue a single history, despite that nothing in the theory or the math
would suggest as much.

Jason