On 8/23/2012 2:17 PM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
You recently allude to a disagreement between us, but I (meta)disagree with such an idea: I use the scientific method, which means that you cannot disagree with me without showing a precise flaw at some step in the reasoning.

You seem to follow the seven first steps, so that in particular you grasp apparently that COMP + ROBUST-UNIVERSE entails the reversal physics/arithmetic, and the explanation why qualia and quanta separate. Are you sure you got this? Step 8 just eliminates the "ROBUST-UNIVERSE" assumption in step 7.

Dear Bruno,

I claim that step 8 is invalidated by the fact that you must use the physical medium to interact (communicate) the abstract concept. If we take step 8 literally, this would not occur and thus obtain a contradiction. You seem to not realize the price that you must pay for immaterialism.

--
Onward!

Stephen

~ Francis Bacon