Dear Roger,

I only see one glaring gap in your explanation here: the chain of non-interaction leads all the way up to the supremum where God is essentially and effectively (not)interacting with itself. Is this not the very definition of Solipsism? How is the problem of solipsism not even infinitely more acute for God? God has no peers, so it naturally implies that the ordinary problem of solipsism - what does one human solipsist say to another? - is a mute point, but somewhere and somehow the appearance of plurality of entities must appear in order for us to explain appearences. This is the very same question that I keep asking Bruno and he seems to not understand the question: How does a plurality of minds emerge from the One such that they have an appearance of interactions without falling into the morass of allowing for everythign and thus, ultimately, explaining nothing? It seems to me that Leibniz was working out the Everything vs. Nothing problem of existence from a different point of view with the monadology.

On 8/24/2012 7:55 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi Stephen P. King
True, materials don't actually interact in Idealism, but the Supreme intelligence insures that the same result happens. In other words, you can't tell the difference. So at least in one place Leibniz says, "True, they don't actually interact, because ideas as substances cannot interact, but there's no harm in saying
that they do."
Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net <mailto:rclo...@verizon.net>
8/24/2012
Leibniz would say, "If there's no God, we'd have to invent him so everything could function."

    *From:* Stephen P. King <mailto:stephe...@charter.net>
    *Receiver:* everything-list <mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com>
    *Time:* 2012-08-23, 16:39:18
    *Subject:* Re: Male Proof and female acceptance of proof

    On 8/23/2012 2:17 PM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
    > Then AUDA translates everything in UDA in terms of numbers and
    > sequences of numbers, making the "body problem" into a problem of
    > arithmetic. It is literally an infinite interview with the
    universal
    > machine, made finite thanks to the modal logic above, and thanks to
    > the Solovay arithmetical completeness theorem.
    >
    > You cannot both claim that there is a flaw, and at the same time
    > invoke your dyslexia to justify you don't do the technical work to
    > present it.
    Dear Bruno,

         It is the body problem that is your problem. There is no
    solution
    for it in strict immaterialism. Immaterials cannot interact, they
    have
    nothing with which to "touch" each other. All they can do is
    imagine the
    possibility in the sense of a representation of the logical
    operation of
    "imagining the possibility of X" (a string of recursively enumerable
    coding the computational simulation of X).
         This would be fine and you do a wonderful job of dressing
    this up
    in your work, but the body problem is just another name for the
    concurrency problem. It is the scarcity of physical resources that
    forces solutions to be found and this is exactly what Pratt shows
    us how
    to work out. Mutual consistency restrictions is the dual to resource
    availability!

         My dyslexia prevents me from writing long strings of symbolic
    logical codes, but I can write English (and some Spanish) well
    enough to
    communicate with you and I can read and comprehend complex texts very
    well. ;-)

         By the way, I only asked from a verbal -> written English
    version
    of your symbols strings, not a condensed explanation of it. I do
    appreciate what you wrote, but it was not what I was asking for.

    G is

    [](p -> q) -> ([]p -> []q)
    []p -> [][]p
    []([]p -> p) -> []p

    with the rules A, A->B / B and A / []A

    S4Grz is

    [](p -> q) -> ([]p -> []q)
    []p -> [][]p
    []([](p -> []p) -> p) -> p

    with the rules A, A->B / B and A / []A

         These symbols have verbal words associated with them, no? If you
    where to read of these sentences aloud. What English sounds would
    come
    out of your mouth? Could those words be transcribed here for the
    readers
    of the Everything List? What word corresponds, for instance, to
    "->" ?
    Implies?

Onward!

Stephen