On 24 Aug 2012, at 14:31, Stephen P. King wrote:

Dear Roger,

I only see one glaring gap in your explanation here: the chain of non-interaction leads all the way up to the supremum where God is essentially and effectively (not)interacting with itself. Is this not the very definition of Solipsism? How is the problem of solipsism not even infinitely more acute for God? God has no peers, so it naturally implies that the ordinary problem of solipsism - what does one human solipsist say to another? - is a mute point, but somewhere and somehow the appearance of plurality of entities must appear in order for us to explain appearences. This is the very same question that I keep asking Bruno and he seems to not understand the question: How does a plurality of minds emerge from the One such that they have an appearance of interactions without falling into the morass of allowing for everythign and thus, ultimately, explaining nothing?

And this is what I explain with all details since years on this list, refering to peer reviewed papers, using standard terms of the theories in use. But either you philosophize on it without addressing what I say, or you justify by contingencies why you don't address it.

Your question has an easy part, and a difficult part.

- The easy part is the explanation of why interactions exist. This is easy, because all theories of interactions, and their models, are emulated by arithmetic, like with the example of the simulation of the galaxy: it occurs in the UD.

- The difficult part is that such theories admits a continuum of consistent extension, including those which will lead to aberrant interactions, and we have to justify why they seem rare (relatively rare) in our extension, and that is the measure problem, which we cannot avoid with comp.

Then comp explains "easily" the quanta and qualia separation, has lived by each machine.

Bruno

It seems to me that Leibniz was working out the Everything vs. Nothing problem of existence from a different point of view with the monadology.