On 8/23/2012 2:17 PM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
Then AUDA translates everything in UDA in terms of numbers and sequences of numbers, making the "body problem" into a problem of arithmetic. It is literally an infinite interview with the universal machine, made finite thanks to the modal logic above, and thanks to the Solovay arithmetical completeness theorem.

You cannot both claim that there is a flaw, and at the same time invoke your dyslexia to justify you don't do the technical work to present it.
Dear Bruno,

It is the body problem that is your problem. There is no solution for it in strict immaterialism. Immaterials cannot interact, they have nothing with which to "touch" each other. All they can do is imagine the possibility in the sense of a representation of the logical operation of "imagining the possibility of X" (a string of recursively enumerable coding the computational simulation of X). This would be fine and you do a wonderful job of dressing this up in your work, but the body problem is just another name for the concurrency problem. It is the scarcity of physical resources that forces solutions to be found and this is exactly what Pratt shows us how to work out. Mutual consistency restrictions is the dual to resource availability!

My dyslexia prevents me from writing long strings of symbolic logical codes, but I can write English (and some Spanish) well enough to communicate with you and I can read and comprehend complex texts very well. ;-)

By the way, I only asked from a verbal -> written English version of your symbols strings, not a condensed explanation of it. I do appreciate what you wrote, but it was not what I was asking for.

G is

[](p -> q) -> ([]p -> []q)
[]p -> [][]p
[]([]p -> p) -> []p

with the rules A, A->B  /  B and A / []A

S4Grz is

with the rules A, A->B  /  B and A / []A

These symbols have verbal words associated with them, no? If you where to read of these sentences aloud. What English sounds would come out of your mouth? Could those words be transcribed here for the readers of the Everything List? What word corresponds, for instance, to "->" ? Implies?

--
Onward!

Stephen

~ Francis Bacon