On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 9:11 AM, benjayk <benjamin.jaku...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> Showing scientifically that nature is infinite isn't really possible.

Maybe not. In Turing's proof he assumed that machines could not operate
with infinite numbers, so if there is a theory of everything (and there
might not be) and if you know it and if you can use nothing but that to
show independently of Turing that no machine can solve the Halting Problem
then that would prove that irrational numbers with a infinite number of
digits play no part in the operation of the universe; on the other hand if
this new physical theory shows you how to make such a machine then we'd
know that nature understands and uses infinity. I admit that I used the
word " if " a lot in all that.

   John K Clark