On 9/5/2012 12:44 AM, Jason Resch wrote:
The brain can process data as it is listening (like buffering a video download) and likely predict the final word before it is done being uttered. To prove the brain somehow overcomes this half second delay in a convincing way, you would need to engineer an experiment where a number flashes on a screen and a person has to push the right button in under half a second. If you need two brains involved, then put a screen between them with a computer screen and number pad facing each one. Each time one person enters the right number, a new number appears on the other person's screen. And it goes back and forth which each person pressing the button as quickly as they can after the new number appears. If this experiment shows the interaction can take place faster than the video processing of the visual centers in the brain then this would become a problem worth trying to solve. I'm not convinced there is any problem here that can't be explained using classical means.

Jason
Hi Jason,

I am saying that what we actually observe in experiments as the 1/2 sec delay is the window where things are simultaneous. From the inside there is no delay. That is what needs to be explained, no?

--
Onward!

Stephen