From: Jason Resch
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-09-04, 11:49:55
Subject: Re: Re: Why a bacterium has more intelligence than a computer

Here is the link I mentioned:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdg4mU-wuhI

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 10:17 AM, Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:

Hi Jason Resch
?
IMHO Not to disparage the superb work that computers can do,
but? think that it is a mistake to anthropo-morphise the computer.
It has no intelligence, no life, no awareness,

I have given my argument for why computers can be intelligent, aware, etc.?
What is your argument that they cannot?
?
there's
nothing magic about it.

So your argument is that they have no magic, but we do?? Why do you believe
(only?) we have this magic?
?
It's just a complex bunch of diodes and
transistors.

And life is just a complex bunch of chemicals and solutions.

Jason