From: Jason Resch
Receiver: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Time: 2012-09-04, 10:44:18
Subject: Re: Why a bacterium has more intelligence than a computer

On Sep 4, 2012, at 6:55 AM, "Roger Clough" <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:

Hi Jason Resch

Where is the aware subject in the computer ?

Where is the aware subject in you?

What color eyes does he have ?

A blind and deaf person still has a subject, no?

Jason

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
9/4/2012
so that everything could function."
From: Jason Resch
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-09-03, 12:22:47

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:

Hi benjayk
Computers have no intelligence --not a whit, ?ince intelligence requires
ability to choose, choice requires awareness or Cs, which in term requires
an aware subject. Thus only living entities can have ingtelligence.
A bacterium thus has more intel;ligence than a computer,
even the largest in the world.

Your proof is missing a step: showing why computers cannot have an aware subject

Another problem is that your assumption that the ability to choose requires
consciousness means that deep blue (which chooses optimum chess moves), and
Watson (who chose categories and wagers in?eopardy) are conscious. ? don't
dispute that they may be?onscious, but if they are that contradicts the
objective of your proof. ?f you still maintain that they are not conscious,
despite their ability to choose, then there must be some error in your argument.

Jason