From: Jason Resch
Receiver: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Time: 2012-09-05, 10:35:45
Subject: Re: Why a bacterium has more intelligence than a computer

On Sep 5, 2012, at 7:00 AM, "Roger Clough" <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:

Hi Craig Weinberg

IMHO the burden to show that computers are alive and
have intelligence lies on the scientists.

I see no evidence of life  or real  intelligence
in computers.

Roger,

What is the difference between something that is alive and something that is
not?

Afterall, everything in this world is quarks and electrons.  Computers, rocks,
life, they are all made of the same stuff: quarks and electrons.

I don't know what you believe; you haven't answered my questions to you.  But I
believe what separates a living thing from an unliving thing, or a thinking
thing from a non thinking thing lies in the organziation of those things.

Do you believe that a collection of hydrogen atoms, properly combined and put
together in the right way could create roger clough?  If not please explain why
not.  Without a dialog we cannot progress in understanding eachother's views.

Jason

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
9/5/2012
so that everything could function."