From: John Clark
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-09-12, 12:47:12
Subject: Re: The poverty of computers

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012? Bruno Marchal  wrote:

>>>? makes a bridge between two fields,
>>? What two fields??

>? The study of the notion of truth, (epistemology, philosophy, metaphysics, it
>is interdisciplinary) and theology.

Translation from the original bafflegab: The truth is important.
And by the way, there is no field of theology, it has nothing intelligent to
say because it has not discovered any facts.?

> Plato's questions are at the origin of science.

But Plato lived 2500 years ago and we are no longer at the origin of science,
it's time to move on.

> It is no use to say more if you don't have read it, and don't want to get
> informed.

?
? didn't say I haven't read Plato, I said I knew more philosophy than he did, a
lot more.
?
> Making you defending Aristotle theology, confusing it with the physical
> science.

There is no doubt that somebody around here is confused because I have said
more than once that Aristotle was the worst physicist who ever lived. Even his
reputation as a great logician is overstated, he used some very intricate pure
logic and concluded with certainty that women MUST have fewer teeth than men.
They don't. Aristotle had a wife, he could have counted her teeth at any time
but never bothered to because like most philosophers he already knew the truth,
or thought he did.

> I have never seen a paper in physics assuming a primitive physical reality,
> still less a paper showing how to test such idea.

I have no idea what you mean but I will say this, if you have never seen a
physics paper even attempt to do something then its probably not very important
because they've attempted some pretty wacky things.?

?ohn K Clark