On Thursday, September 13, 2012 10:58:10 AM UTC-4, John Clark wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 13, 2012  Roger Clough <rcl...@verizon.net <javascript:>>wrote:
>
> > Theology is based on faith
>

> I understand that theology is based on faith, what I don't understand is
> why faith is supposed to be a virtue.

I'm actually with you on this JC, although mainly because by faith I think
most people really mean hope. Screw hope. To me faith is just about being
ok with things even if they don't seem ok right now. It's more of a
patience or benefit of the doubt which we can access to get us through days
where we don't see how its going to work out.

> > and moral practice.
>>

> Then why is the history of religion a list of one atrocity after another?

When people mistake the subjective for objective, or objective for
subjective, the result is often pathological.

Craig