On 9/14/2012 7:09 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi Craig Weinberg
Faith can be expressed as a belief, but faith itself is inner trust, confidence, etc.
Faith
Noun:

 1. Complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
 2. Strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on
    spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

Dear Roger,

But not just "anything" it is contained to cover only that which is possible in the future. Faith is forward projected belief. I have faith that the bridge can support my weight because it is possible to falsify that belief when I am actually crossing it..

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net <mailto:rclo...@verizon.net>
9/14/2012
so that everything could function."

    *From:* Craig Weinberg <mailto:whatsons...@gmail.com>
    *Receiver:* everything-list <mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com>
    *Time:* 2012-09-13, 13:21:50
    *Subject:* Re: Re: The poverty of computers

    On Thursday, September 13, 2012 8:43:39 AM UTC-4, rclough wrote:

        Hi Bruno Marchal

        The shared part of religion (or science) is called belief(s).
            They are exclusively in the fom of words.
            For example words from the Bible, and the Creeds.

        The personal or private part of religion is called faith.
            It is not belief, for it is wordless, is more like trust
        or motivation.
            Religion trusts its creeds, science trust the laws of
        physics etc.

    It sounds like you are talking about the particular forms of
    religion though. In some other traditions, faith can be the public
    proclamation in words and belief is the privately expressed as
    wordless.

    Craig
    Groups "Everything List" group.
    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/everything-list/-/mUtjBvMhl8sJ.