Roger, So you must think that the jewish law condemning homosexual behavior
was eliminated by Jesus. It's not in the 10 and certainly Christians
are making a big fuss over it.
Richard

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 8:21 AM, Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Hi Richard Ruquist
>
> I was irritated because I have already answered this question.
> Jesus did away with the laws of the jews, which to my mind were
> the laws of man, not God. The Laws of God are the 10 commandments.
> They held and still do, just as God declared them.
>
> To give you a for instgance, jesus said that
> it is not what goes into a man's mouth that
> makes him unclean, it is whjat comes out of it.
>
> What does fulfillment of the law mean ?
> It means that Jesus died for breakers of those laws
> including you and me. So in that sense if you
> break the laws, his Gospel will save you.
> The Gospel is the fulfillment of the laws.
>
> You only need to accept that fact for it to be
> saved.
>
>
>
> o invent him
> so that everything could function."
> ----- Receiving the following content -----
> From: Richard Ruquist
> Receiver: everything-list
> Time: 2012-09-17, 07:01:49
> Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: the "nothing but" fallacy.
>
>
> I was waiting for your reply.
> Alas, Jesus was a Jew
> and Jews have 613 commandments,
> not just 10.
> Insults do not help your argument.
>
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 6:56 AM, Roger Clough  wrote:
>> Hi Richard Ruquist
>>
>> Another drive-by shooting. Just an unsupported denial
>> and you speed off. How can you be taken seriously ?
>>
>>
>> Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
>> 9/17/2012
>> Leibniz would say, "If there's no God, we'd have to invent him
>> so that everything could function."
>>
>> ----- Receiving the following content -----
>> From: Richard Ruquist
>> Receiver: everything-list
>> Time: 2012-09-15, 12:03:08
>> Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: the "nothing but" fallacy.
>>
>> Nonesense
>>
>> On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 8:41 AM, Roger Clough  wrote:
>>> Hi Richard Ruquist
>>>
>>> He was talking about the 10 commandments.
>>> He fulfilled them with his death and res.
>>>
>>>
>>> Jesus did away for example with the dietary laws when
>>> he said that it is not what a man puts into his mouth
>>> that can make him unclean, it is what comes out of it.
>>>
>>>
>>> Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
>>> 9/15/2012
>>> Leibniz would say, "If there's no God, we'd have to invent him
>>> so that everything could function."
>>>
>>> ----- Receiving the following content -----
>>> From: Richard Ruquist
>>> Receiver: everything-list
>>> Time: 2012-09-15, 08:08:22
>>> Subject: Re: Re: Re: the "nothing but" fallacy.
>>>
>>> Jesus did not do away with any OT laws.
>>> He said so explicitly in the Sermon on the Mount.
>>>
>>> Matthew 5:
>>> [17] "Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets;
>>> I have come not to abolish them but to fulfil them.
>>> [18] For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an
>>> iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished.
>>> [19] Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and
>>> teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he
>>> who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of
>>> heaven."
>>>
>>> Roger, are you one of the least?
>>> Richard
>>>
>>> On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 7:22 AM, Roger Clough  wrote:
>>>> Hi John Clark
>>>>
>>>> 1)Intelligence ? I don't think the word was available back then (Bible
>>>> days).
>>>> Russell also hadn't a clue (he admitted) as to the meaning of pragmatism.
>>>> On the other hand, Proverbs says, "Fear of God is beginning of
>>>> wisdom (or knowledge)."
>>>>
>>>> 2) To understand the Bible you have to read it as a little child,
>>>> not a shark.
>>>>
>>>> 3) Those slaughter statements are mostly based on the old jewish
>>>> laws in leviticus and numbers. Jesus did away with them.
>>>> But God did order a few massacres. The forgiveness of Jesus
>>>> also did away with the need for them.
>>>>
>>>> The Old Testament is the problem.
>>>> The New Testament is the solution.
>>>>
>>>> Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
>>>> 9/15/2012
>>>> Leibniz would say, "If there's no God, we'd have to invent him
>>>> so that everything could function."
>>>> ----- Receiving the following content -----
>>>> From: John Clark
>>>> Receiver: everything-list
>>>> Time: 2012-09-14, 15:32:46
>>>> Subject: Re: Re: the "nothing but" fallacy.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 6:55 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> You're a slow learner.
>>>>
>>>> Maybe, but I'm smarter than the people in the Bible. As Bertrand Russell
>>>> said "So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in
>>>> praise of intelligence."
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> Bible stories are generally based on true happenings.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Do you believe that the stories in Mother Goose are generally based on
>>>> true happenings too? I know there are no reasons to believe either one
>>>> but
>>>> faith don't need no education, or reasons.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> Science deals with facts, religion deals with values.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Values? One of the best ways to become a atheist is to actually read the
>>>> Bible, so let's go directly to the source and read some quotations from
>>>> the
>>>> Bible and see some of those wonderful values that it teaches:
>>>>
>>>> Take all the heads of the people and hang them up before the Lord against
>>>> the sun.
>>>> Numbers 25:4
>>>>
>>>> The LORD slew all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both the firstborn
>>>> of man, and the firstborn of beast.
>>>> Exodus 13:15
>>>>
>>>> Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers.
>>>> Isaiah 14:21
>>>>
>>>> And the priest shall dip his finger in some of the blood, and sprinkle it
>>>> seven times before the LORD.
>>>> Leviticus 4:17
>>>>
>>>> And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters
>>>> shall ye eat.
>>>> Leviticus 26:29
>>>>
>>>> Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the
>>>> sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle
>>>> thereof, with the edge of the sword.
>>>> Deuteronomy 13:15
>>>>
>>>> Thus saith the LORD of hosts ... go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy
>>>> all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman,
>>>> infant
>>>> and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.?
>>>> 1 Samuel 15:2-3
>>>>
>>>> Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray
>>>> you, bring them out unto you, an do ye to them as is good in your eyes.
>>>> Genesis 19:8
>>>>
>>>> And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto
>>>> her
>>>> .... Thou shalt go in unto her. Deuteronomy 21:11-13
>>>>
>>>> The LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself,
>>>> above all people that are upon the face of the earth.
>>>> Deuteronomy 7:6
>>>>
>>>> I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your
>>>> children.
>>>> Leviticus 26:22
>>>>
>>>> And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of
>>>> their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend.
>>>> Jeremiah 19:9
>>>>
>>>> For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put
>>>> to
>>>> death.
>>>> Leviticus 20:9
>>>>
>>>> The Lord is a man of War.
>>>> Exodus 15:3
>>>>
>>>> Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the
>>>> stones.?
>>>> Psalms 137:9
>>>>
>>>> People lamented because the Lord had smitten many people in a great
>>>> slaughter.
>>>> 1Samuel 6:19
>>>>
>>>> Smite through the loins of them that rise against him...that they rise
>>>> not
>>>> again.
>>>> Deuteronomy 33:11
>>>>
>>>> And thou shalt eat the fruit of? thine own body, the flesh of thy sons
>>>> and
>>>> of thy daughters, which the Lord thy God hath given thee.
>>>> Deuteronomy 28:53
>>>>
>>>> ? John K Clark
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>>>> "Everything List" group.
>>>> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
>>>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>>>> everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>>>> For more options, visit this group at
>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>>>> "Everything List" group.
>>>> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
>>>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>>>> everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>>>> For more options, visit this group at
>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.
>>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>>> "Everything List" group.
>>> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>>> everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>>> For more options, visit this group at
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.
>>>
>>> --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>>> "Everything List" group.
>>> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>>> everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>>> For more options, visit this group at
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Everything List" group.
>> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Everything List" group.
>> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "Everything List" group.
> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
> everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at 
> http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "Everything List" group.
> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
> everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at 
> http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Everything List" group.
To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.

Reply via email to