On 9/18/2012 9:05 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

        My hypothesis is that human qualia is an iconic capitulation of
sub-personal and
        super-personal qualia - meta qualia which synergistically recovers
richer
        qualities of experience from the Totality.

    Okay.  But it will remain only a hypothesis until you (or someone else)
shows how it
    explains new things or gathers some evidence for it.

Sure, yeah it's only a hypothesis. I don't know what I'm supposed to do with it.

What you do with an hypothesis is test it; see whether it makes a false prediction that is observable.

Brent

What it explains is old things: consciousness, the hard problem, explanatory gap, maybe some important things about physics (how quantum mechanics actually makes sense empirically). It's a way to interpret in a realistic way what we have until now accepted unrealistic interpretations of.