On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:09:54 PM UTC-4, Brent wrote:
>  On 9/18/2012 9:05 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
>   My hypothesis is that human qualia is an iconic capitulation of
>>> sub-personal and super-personal qualia - meta qualia which synergistically
>>> recovers richer qualities of experience from the Totality.
>>  Okay.  But it will remain only a hypothesis until you (or someone else)
>> shows how it explains new things or gathers some evidence for it.
> Sure, yeah it's only a hypothesis. I don't know what I'm supposed to do
> with it.
> What you do with an hypothesis is test it; see whether it makes a false
> prediction that is observable.

I have been testing it in the sense that I can't come up with any
counterfactuals, whereas I can with all of the other competing hypothesis.
It's not the same thing as having a hypothesis about a particular
phenomenon, because this phenomenon, if I am right, contains all others,
including 'hypothesis testing' itself.