On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:

> mind can also operate on brain (through the will or an intention). I have
> no idea at the present of what such a monadic structure might be like.

Will or Intention is a high level description as is pressure, but it's not
the only valid description. It's true that pressure made the balloon expand
but it is also true that air molecules hitting the inside of the balloon
made it expand and molecules know nothing about pressure. It's true that I
scratched my nose because I wanted too but its also true that it happened
because an electrochemical signal was sent from my brain to the nerves in
my hand.

 John K Clark