Dear Bruno and Alberto,

     I agree some what with both of you. As to the idea of a "genetic
algorithm can isolate anticipative programs", I think that anticipation
is the analogue of inertia for computations, as Mach saw inertia. It is
a relation between any one and the class of computations that it belongs
to such that any incomplete string has a completion in the collections
of others like it. This is like an error correction or compression
mechanism.

--
Onward!

Stephen

ROGER:  For what it's worth--- like Mach's inertia, each monad
mirrors the rest of the universe.